The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 10:59pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
S-ParameterSimulation using T-Line in ADS (Read 37 times)
aguntuk

Dresden, Germany
S-ParameterSimulation using T-Line in ADS
Dec 12th, 2017, 6:06am

Hi experts,

I am having problem with S-parameter simulation of 4 port for tranmission line. I have used "LTLINE2" component as my channel and I want to use this channel later for high-speed SERDES communication with differential TX/RX. But before that I need to know channel characteristics. May be after building a good channel here I can export the s-parameter file and use for other transceiver already built in Cadence. This is just for my basic simulation understanding. I have used controlled impedance line designer to put the line multilayer channel design inside the "LTLINE2" component. Now if I simulate the simulation result is not convincing, the S(2,1) or S(1,2) curves are linear not bumpy or it seems like the simulation is not working. What is wrong with my simulation setup or circuit or any other thing?

I have attached the screenshot of schematic and simulation in the attached file.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.