The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 18th, 2024, 7:20pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hierarchical schematics in Data Sheet of Cadence ADE-XL and ADE-Explorer (Read 1613 times)
cheap_salary

Hierarchical schematics in Data Sheet of Cadence ADE-XL and ADE-Explorer
May 17th, 2018, 8:41am

We can generate DATA Sheet in Cadence ADE-XL and ADE-Explorer.
Here hierarchical schematics are included.

My cells have multiple views of schematic and veriloga.
We can specify what view we use in simulation by switch view list or config view setting.

However generation of hierarchical schematics in Data Sheet of Cadence ADE-XL and ADE-Explorer ignores both switch view list or config view setting.

In my case, veriloga is preceded than schematic.

How can we specify what view we use for hierarchical schematics in Data Sheet of Cadence ADE-XL and ADE-Explorer ?

« Last Edit: May 17th, 2018, 4:41pm by cheap_salary »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Hierarchical schematics in Data Sheet of Cadence ADE-XL and ADE-Explorer
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2018, 1:00am

I just tried this (in IC617 ISR19) and it appears to be correctly honouring the views selected in the config.

I did a quick search (I'm a bit time limited because I'm in an airport) and didn't find any reported issues (I wondered whether it was using the top level schematic and not using the config when generating the schematic hierarchy in the data sheets in your case - maybe you're using an older version).

So I'd suggest checking with the latest hotfix of IC617 ISR19, and if it's still happening, please contact Cadence Customer Support as clearly it's a bug that should be fixed. It ought to work...

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
cheap_salary

Reply #2 - May 19th, 2018, 10:08am

Andrew Beckett wrote on May 19th, 2018, 1:00am:
I just tried this (in IC617 ISR19) and it appears to be correctly honouring the views selected in the config.
Config view settings are reflected to netlist.
But they are not reflected to hierarchical schematic in Data Sheet.

Generation of hierarchical schematic ignores config view setting and uses order of "viewNameList" for cells which have multiple views

envSetVal("schematic" "viewNameList" 'string "veriloga schematic symbol")

And netSet is not reflected to hierarchical schematic in Data Sheet.

Andrew Beckett wrote on May 19th, 2018, 1:00am:
maybe you're using an older version).
IC6.1.7-64b.500.17

I don't think it is old.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - May 27th, 2018, 3:07am

In that case, please report it to Cadence's customer support - assuming that this is not something that was fixed in the last couple of ISRs (which is possible - too much travel over the last few weeks has meant I've not been able to test this in an older version).

For me, I changed the config to either switch into a veriloga view or not, and the schematics in the data sheet when re-generated updated accordingly. I'm assuming there must be some complication caused by a difference between what I tested and what you're doing, and the bug only shows up in certain situations. I didn't have a chance to try out the netSet issue - but if it's wrong, then reporting to customer support is the right way to get it fixed.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.