The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 29th, 2024, 6:49am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
designers-guide.org has been updated (Read 3169 times)
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
designers-guide.org has been updated
Mar 06th, 2019, 10:35am

The Designer's Guide Community website has been completely rebuilt to make it more secure and easier to maintain. All out of date or unused material has been removed.

Please let me know if you find something that is missing or broken.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: designers-guide.org has been updated
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2019, 4:54am

I have a vague recollection that the "old" interface had a sentence "You have 18 messages and 0 new messages" that included a link directly to my mailbox. I seem to have found my inbox under "User CP" though I have no idea what CP stands for. BTW, the menubar where I see "User CP" seems to have been shaved on the top; the magnifying glass for search is missing its top. And there's some blank space between the two menus (Forum/Verilog-AMS/Analysis/... and Home/Help/Search/...).

dg-header.gif

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2019, 4:59am

Ah, wait! I just found the message:
Good morning Geoffrey_Coram. You have 20 messages, and no new messages. Please follow the Forum guidelines. Apr 10th, 2019: 7:55am

I shrunk the window size and some text peeked out from below the blank band; on Firefox/Linux I see bottom halves of the letters in "Apr 10  , 2019, 7:55am"  On Chrome, I can't make out what it says at all. I've attached a screenshot from Firefox.

dg-date.gif

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #3 - Apr 11th, 2019, 12:59pm

Thanks Geoffrey.
   I also was baffled by 'User CP', and only recently discovered it means 'User Control Panel'.

I also use Firefox and Chrome, and things look fine on my browsers. But the look of the browser is different. I am using an older Firefox and a recent Chrome. How about you?

-Ken

Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2019, 3:06pm

I checked Firefox 52, 54, and 66 as well as Chrome 73, and all looks normal.

However, I also tried Internet Explorer 11, and it does look like your screen shots.

Frankly, life is too short to worry about Internet Explorer.

-Ken

Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #5 - Apr 15th, 2019, 8:41am

I'm using Firefox 45, which is the latest version available on RHEL6 (we're moving to RHEL7, but we have to make sure all our other software runs properly on RHEL7).
Also Chrome 49 (49.0.2623.110) on Linux.

Chrome 73 on Windows looks fine.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.