The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 20th, 2024, 4:36am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to get a scalar or a vector result from a history? (Read 684 times)
subtr
Community Member

Analog Enthusiast

India
How to get a scalar or a vector result from a history?
Jun 15th, 2021, 1:45am

Not sure if this topic belongs to this section. Basically I am motivated to look at my current corner details like parameters, models, variables etc. and go about finding a scalar/vector from a suitable corner(Not necessarily the same corner/variables/parameters) in a particular history in a particular maestro view. I might want to swap my VDD and TEMP to get a VT drifted calibration code. Not sure calcVal does this.

I've been learning SKILL only for past few months. But I am aware of some basics of sdb, rdb etc. session related skill functions can fetch some result from a particular maestro etc. I have a few questions given the above premise :

1. Do I need an additional maestro license to be able to fetch a calcode from another test bench? Like go about creating axlCreateSession(), axlSetMainSetupDBLCV() etc.?

2. Since the expectation to create a preRun script, I could only reach a point mentioned in https://community.cadence.com/cadence_technology_forums/f/custom-ic-skill/28657/....
The session object doesn't seem to work on axl..() where the object returned from axlGetMainSetupDB() works. This leads me to think that the session object returned has a different data structure which again becomes difficult to debug as this doesn't work on CIW.

3. Finally how do I retrieve any vector/waveform from the history?

NOTE : I am not expecting a code as such. API's axlGetCornerNameForCurrentPointInRun() to get other details of the corner will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Subtr
View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: How to get a scalar or a vector result from a history?
Reply #1 - Dec 29th, 2021, 7:54am

Some answers:
  • It will require a license, but if you're already using an Explorer or Assembler license in the same virtuoso session (or indeed on the same user-host-display if it's a separate virtuoso) then it won't need an additional license.
  • Not entirely sure what you're asking here.
  • The easiest way of getting a waveform from the output is to use the calcVal() function.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.