The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 18th, 2024, 9:58pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Monte Carlo Simulation Error (Read 1273 times)
Upemba

Monte Carlo Simulation Error
Feb 25th, 2008, 1:55pm

This is my first time to run Monte Carlo with Cadence tool, using Spectre for simulator and I am just trying to run a simple DC simulation and I am getting the following error:

Error found by spectre during Monte Carlo analysis 'mc1'.  
      mc1: Attempt to run Monte Carlo analysis with mismatch variations, but no mismatch variations were specified in statistics block.

Analysis 'mc1' terminated prematurely due to error.  

Can someone helps me with the error?

View Profile   IP Logged
sheldon
Community Fellow

Re: Monte Carlo Simulation Error
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2008, 3:18am

Upemba,

View Profile   IP Logged
sheldon
Community Fellow

Reply #2 - Feb 26th, 2008, 3:22am

Upemba,

There is an application note in the Modeling section that describes the
required setup for Monte Carlo simulation.

http://www.designers-guide.org/Modeling/montecarlo.pdf

When you perform Monte Carlo simulations, there are process variations, inter-die
variations, and mismatch, intra-die variations. You need to describe the mismatch
statistics in order to perform mismatch analysis. You also need to use in-line subckts,
see the paper for more details.

Best Regards,

Sheldon

View Profile   IP Logged
Upemba

Reply #3 - Feb 26th, 2008, 9:01am

Sheldon,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question.  That was very insightful especially the pdf document that you pointed to.  

From your answer, that makes me realize that the models that I am using do not have the statistics blocks required to run a Monte Carlo simulation where the mismatch and/or process variations are specified.    

Also looking at the pdf document, I saw something that I would like to bring to your attention.  
Equation 10 on page 6 of that document , I thought that epsilon should not include [1+ ] just based on expressions 8 and 9 deductions.  
Basically, I am saying that

epsilon should be equal to  [(XRPafac/sqrt (AB)) + XRSPbfac]x(XRSP - 1)

Please let me know in case I am missing something.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.