The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 26th, 2024, 7:24pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
convolution of  two time functions in Pspice (Read 3558 times)
abhay

convolution of  two time functions in Pspice
Feb 18th, 2003, 1:10pm

Hi Experts,

Is there a way to convolute two time functions in PSpice? I think we can use the ABM functions in PSpice but could  not come up with a suitable implementation.

thanks
-abhay

View Profile apteabhay   IP Logged
Eugene

Re: convolution of  two time functions in Pspice
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2003, 7:05pm

If you have access to VerilogA I believe you can convolve two time functions using a pwl source and a z-domain filter. The pwl source pulls in one time function and drives the z-domain filter. The z-domain filter is an FIR filter with the taps equal to the time-domain samples of the second time function. The only thing not ideal about this approach is the first order hold introduced by the pwl source but if the sampling rate is high enough that should be irrelevant.

If you do not have access to z-domain block, I guess you could fit a filter to the Fourier transform of second time function and replace the z-domain block with that filter.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.