The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 28th, 2024, 4:53pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
using otimizer for impedance matching (Read 2785 times)
omer onen

using otimizer for impedance matching
Mar 06th, 2003, 9:14am

I cant set-up the optimizer to run on a matching network I have desinged. I am able to get the simulation to run correctly. I would like to maximize s21. What should I place as an "expression" and also the "traget" in the "Editing Goals" menu? I have set the optimization variables with max and min values. Also how do I set the frequency range?

Thanks
Omer

IP Logged
Mark Gehring

Re: using otimizer for impedance matching
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2003, 11:44am

You need to copy in your output that measures S21 into the goals. Then, you need to modify it with

value( ( s21 expression ), X )

where X is the frequency you care about. If you need more than one freq, you will have to construct a more elaboratge expression that is, say, the sum of S21 at several frequencies, and try to maximize that.

Unfortauntely, you will find that the simulation is incredibly slow, even for very small neworks. This is a basic problem with the poor integration of the optimizer into the tool. It is wrapped around the outside, so there is much overhead. Make sure you are running in "interactive mode". This makes a very big difference. However, it hogs the license until you shut down the tool.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.