The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 5th, 2024, 1:12pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Monte carlo simulation (Read 2673 times)
forghani

Monte carlo simulation
Oct 17th, 2003, 8:09pm

Hello,

I have a question about the effect of circuit parameters' change in monte carlo simulation. Suppose I simulate a circuit for 100 times, and I see an unordinary situation in run 8. Then I change a transistor parameter or a currrent source value (no change in the topology). Afterthat, I run the monte carlo simulation again like the first experiment.

1. Is the randomness in both experiments the same?
2. If the randomness does not remain the same, what I can do to make the randomness the same and then run the monte carlo only for the run that had a problem after the circuit modifications, to see if I have solved the circuit problem?

Sincerely,

Pooya

View Profile   IP Logged
Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Re: Monte carlo simulation
Reply #1 - Nov 11th, 2003, 11:52pm

You shall use the SEED of your simulator. If SEED is the same, the results of both simulations will be the same. I don't know for Spectre, but ELDO offers an option to set the number of the run you want to perform. I guess Spectre should offer the same possibility. Check your simulator manual.

Paul

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.