The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 28th, 2024, 2:22pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
To find PSD (Read 3884 times)
sachinkr

Sangli
To find PSD
Apr 18th, 2004, 7:14am

Hi,
I used paper "Modelling jitter in PLL based  frequency Synthesizer" to find PSD . For this i refer the MATLAB script given in this paper. In that it is mentioned time points are necessary to give in "load perios.m" file. I simaulate frequency synthesizer (transistor level)using SpectreRF and then i gave the time points of  VCO sinsoidal output wavefrom.  Is this ok or not ? I am not sure about this. Can anybody help me about this?
Waiting for reply.

View Profile   IP Logged
Jitter Man
Community Member

Am I? Or am I so
sane that u just
blew your mind?

Re: To find PSD
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2004, 8:50am

The file "periods.m" contains the length of each period of the output signal. There is one number per period. It is generated from the VCO model in Listing 16 on page 41 of "Predicting the phase noise and jitter of PLL-based frequency synthesizers ", which can be found at www.designers-guide.com/Analysis.

Jitter Man

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
sachinkr

Sangli
Reply #2 - May 13th, 2004, 11:46pm

Sir,
I simulated PLL frequency synthesizer operating at 900 MHz and then i took period length of each sinusoidal signal to plot PSD. But you just tell me how many period length i have to take? right now i took 20. A

View Profile   IP Logged
sachinkr

Sangli
Reply #3 - May 13th, 2004, 11:58pm

Sir,
I simulated PLL frequency synthesizer in RF Spectre. To plot PSD i took the length of output periods of PLL output when PLL lock. Is it ok or not? Also i don't know how many length of periods I have to take , right  now I took 20 . Please tell me detals. Waiting for your reply.
Thank you.
sachin

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.