The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 21st, 2024, 1:24pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LNA and mixer design (Read 2575 times)
rittu

LNA and mixer design
May 05th, 2004, 10:01am

Hello,
I am designing a CMOS receiver circuit. I have a few doubts regarding the LNA and mixer design.
1. In LNA design usually the cascode transistor's width is kept equal to the main transistor's width. this is done so that the source of the cascode transistor and the drain of the main transistor can be merged into one, which reduces the noise of the cascode transistor due to its source to substrate capacitance. Also we use fingering to reduce the effect of gate resistance. If we use fingering then we cannot merge the source of the cascode transistor with the drain of the main transistor and the reason for which we make the two widths same is no longer valid. In such a situation how do we determine the width of the cascode transistor so that the noise figure is kept minimum and gain is high.
2. Are there any good links to the design of double balanced gilbert cell mixer. Most of the papers that I could find give only the working and not the designing of the mixer.
Thanks for your help
Rittu

View Profile   IP Logged
fab_jor

Brasil
Re: LNA and mixer design
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2006, 11:07pm

PLease, refer to http://www.rfic.uk.co

Regards.

Fabrício

View Profile fab_jor   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.