The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 1st, 2024, 1:09pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
design strategy to minimize cycle to cycle jitter (Read 4524 times)
busywind

design strategy to minimize cycle to cycle jitter
Jul 04th, 2004, 7:11pm

Hi Everybody,

I can find a lot research work about how to minimize the RMS jitter for a PLL. I have been thinking about some questions such as what's the general design strategy to minimize the cycle to cycle jitter for a PLL, what's the relationship between phase noise and cycle to cycle jitter etc. Can somebody give me some hints or recommend some papers for me to read?

Many thanks,

Busywind

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: design strategy to minimize cycle to cycle jit
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2004, 9:43am

Sorry, busywind,

I don't know the answer, too. But I want to discuss the measurement of cycle-to-cycle jitter. Do you know how to measure the cycle-to-cycle jitter?

Thanks

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
busywind

Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2004, 7:01pm

Yawei,

Basically, there are two methods to measure cycle to cycle jitter. The first one is to use a timing interval analyzer and the second one is to use a scope and a timing interval analyzing software (for example, Wavecrest SIA-300 and JIT3 etc). The concept of measuring cycle to cycle jitter is simple but it requires that the equipements must be accurate and precise.

Busywind.

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Reply #3 - Jul 24th, 2004, 5:07am

Hi, Busywind,

Which company does JIT3 belong to?

By the way, is there any method to measure cycle-to-cycle jitter using digital osciliscope? I have a Tektronix TDS5052 Phosphor Digital Osciliscope.

Thanks

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.