The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 5th, 2024, 12:36am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Calculate noise parameters in 2-ports from spice (Read 2083 times)
Rolf

Calculate noise parameters in 2-ports from spice
Aug 26th, 2004, 6:14am

Hi,

other than in spectre, spice does not allow a S-parameter analysis including
noise. But to compute noise parameters I would only need the two equivalent noise current sources (or current and voltage at the input) of the two-port.

Could I obtain these using a standard SPICE noise analysis?

View Profile   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: Calculate noise parameters in 2-ports from spi
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2004, 1:48am

Noise parameters describe how the noise of a circuit or a device depends on the source impedance. So, you will probably have to perform several simulations with different values of the source impedance in order to find the noise parameters. You could for example try to implement one of the methods mentioned in http://www.rohde-schwarz.com/WWW/Publicat.nsf/article/n153_fsm/$file/n153_fsm.pd... in your simulation.

One difficulty in modeling the noise in SPICE might be the partial correlation that usually exists between the two equivalent noise sources. It might be possible to realize this correlation by using a noise source together with controlled sources like vcvs and vccs but I have never tried this.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.