The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 8th, 2024, 7:38pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Consistency of QPSS analysis (Read 2559 times)
R. Zakai

Consistency of QPSS analysis
Oct 07th, 2004, 9:37am

Does anyone know why a swept qpss analysis will behave differently than individual qpss simulations performed with the same design variable manually set?

When simulating to estimate IIP3/IIP2, I am sweeping the RF input power variable within the QPSS analysis, I am getting numerous warnings (imax exceeded etc.) and finally zero jacobian error. When I run QPSS simulations individually with RF input power variable manually set to same values simulation runs just fine.

It seems to me that SpectreRF treats the subsequent simulations in a swept QPSS analysis differently than a stand alone simulation. Is there some time saving algorithm kicking in?

Thanks in advance for your comments
Rehan Zakai

View Profile   IP Logged
Eugene

Re: Consistency of QPSS analysis
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2004, 10:36am

I am not 100% sure, but as I recall, SpectreRF uses the solution from the last sweep value and as initial conditions for the next sweep value. The idea was that if you had trouble getting convergence at some parameter value, you could "sneak up" on it using a parameter sweep. It seems odd that you see the convergence warnings during the sweep and not on the individual run.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.