The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 4th, 2024, 6:56am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
run mixed signal simulation from command line (Read 4893 times)
jimmy
Community Member

run mixed signal simulation from command line
Nov 25th, 2004, 5:01pm

Hi,

I have been runing mixed signal simulation using spectreVerilog for a while. I want to use command line to do this job but I couldn't figure out how to do it. I can run spectre simulation from command line pretty easily. But when I tried to run spectreVerilog from command line, I could never make it work, even though I use the generated command from cadence itself after I clicked "run" in ADE.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

thanks a lot,
jimmy

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: run mixed signal simulation from command line
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2004, 9:26pm

Did you try using the "runSimulation" script that gets created in the netlist directory?

Alternatively you could use OCEAN to setup and run the simulation.

To be honest it's not the easiest tool to use from the command line. AMS Designer however is _much_ easier to control from the command line, because it is designed that way from scratch. Because all the partitioning is done at netlisting time with spectreVerilog, you're very much tied to the environment.

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
jimmy
Community Member

Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2004, 10:15pm

Andrew:

I tried the "runsimulation" script created automatically during simulation. But it is not working. The parameters in the script can't be recongized. It is so strange!

jimmy

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2004, 12:41am

What do you mean "the parameters in the script can't be recognised"? Does it give an error? If so, what is it?

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
jimmy
Community Member

Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2004, 9:15pm

In the runSimulation file, I found this:

spectre  -env artist5.0.0 +log ../psf/s
pectre.out -format psfbin -raw ../psf   -mixmod -slvhost HOSTNAME '-slave"/scratch/lizh/fifth_DSM_shouli_arch_hdl_simulation_test_full_7/spectreVe
rilog/config/netlist/digital verilog.vmx  -a +sxl_keep_minimum  +typdelays -y ./hdlFilesDir +libext+.v+ +incdir+hdlFilesDir +sdf_verbose +sdf_nocheck_celltype -l verilog.log +COSIM_WARNINGS_OFF +vmxwavedir../../psf -f mmenvOpts testfixture.template -f verilog.inpfiles"' analog/input.scs
-----------------------------------------------------------

HOSTNAME is my mahcine' name.

I trped "runSimulation" in the command line, I got error "
invalid command line argument -a". But after I deleted the part related to "a". I will get similar error to other arguments. That is what I encountered.

thank you,
jimmy

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.