The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 4th, 2024, 4:21am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Problem of Linux verison cadence (Read 2010 times)
jimmy
Community Member

Problem of Linux verison cadence
Nov 26th, 2004, 1:30am

Hi,

Our department installed linux verison cadence recently. There are some "bugs". For example, in ADE window, I can not double click any analysis or variable names to open up the analysis and variable editng forms respectively. I have to go to the corresponding menus to set/edit analysis and variables. In the variable editing form, if I click any variable in the right side small window, the variable's name doesn't show up in the variable name field. So I have to type in the variable's name and enter/change its value. Even worse I can't delete any variable if it is already there.

Another problem is that in CIW, normally if you click any previous command line in the window, the command will show again in the command input field. Now it is not the case for our LInux version cadence.

Do you know if these are bugs of linux vaersion cadence or it is because not-perfect installtion.

The version of our cadence is IC 5.0.0_MSR

thank you for your help,

jimmy

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Problem of Linux verison cadence
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2004, 12:39am

Before you start DFII, do:

setenv LANG C

this should fix the problem. I think this has been resolved in later versions such that you shouldn't need to do this as a workaround.

Note, the problem also occurs on Solaris with non-default locales.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.