The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 5th, 2024, 8:50am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: Error with spectre (Read 4393 times)
L.O.R.

Re: Error with spectre
Jan 22nd, 2005, 1:41pm

Has anybody know where to find the logfile when spectre refuses to run and generate this error?
 Error found by spectre.
     Failed to run the analyses in the control file.

I encountered this problem when I tried to run some parameters sweep using Ocean. The first simulation requested via the "run()" works fine, however, the subsequent requests for simulation results in Spectre producing the above error message.

Does anyone know where I can find the logfile or other places where I might find out what is the generating this error generated by Spectre? Thanks!

P.S. Simulation was carried out in Ocean's text interface and Cadence 5.0.33 was used.

P.S. Similar ocean scripts had been used in previous installation of Cadence without ever encoutering this error.

IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2005, 12:19pm

I've seen this problem when using spectre's assert statements, and then doing a parametric analysis.

If so, it was fixed as a result of PCR 686439 in subversion 5.0.33.500.1.12

Are you using a subversion before that? (Note, if the
subversion only has 5 sets of numbers, it is before that,
since the numbering scheme changed to insert an
additional digit indicating which USR the ISR is based on).

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
L.O.R.

Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2005, 2:37am

The cadence that I using is 5.0.33_USR2.34.8 and looking through the model files, I found an assert statement embedded in the VBIC model used for the NPN bipolar junction transistor.

Do you know any workaround solution to this problem?
Thanks!

IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Jan 24th, 2005, 3:48pm

Well, try commenting out the assert to see if that fixes it. If it does, log it with Cadence Customer Support... (although you might want to try the latest ISR first).

Clearly something was left unfixed by the PCR I was mentioning, or it's a different (but possibly related) problem.

Regards,

Andrew.

Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #4 - Jan 24th, 2005, 3:49pm

Actually you could probably also put a checklimit statement in an include file to tell it to turn off all assertion checks. Do spectre -h checklimit for more details (I'm off the Cadence network at the moment so can't easily check).

Andrew.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.