The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 16th, 2024, 8:15pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What is the best book on RF design (Read 150 times)
Mighty Mouse
Community Member

Here I come to save
the day!

Fantasyland
What is the best book on RF design
Jan 24th, 2005, 8:41am

Which is better: Razavi or Lee? Or is there another that is better still?

Why do you like it?

- MM -

View Profile   IP Logged
vivarf
Community Member

Re: What is the best book on RF design
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2007, 1:51am

For me: Razavi's book explains stuffs systemmatically and intitutively, Thomas Lee's one gets more into experiences designs Hope it help

View Profile veeater   IP Logged
vivkr
Community Fellow

Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2007, 5:41am

I prefer Tom Lee's book. Razavi covers a lot of system level issues and modution schemes, but when it comes to the circuit design tradeoffs and developing design insights and methodology, Lee's book is way ahead. He also gives you a lot of history to put things in perspective and a lot of sanity check examples, which are often very insightful,e.g. the example about the "cruel and unintentional hoax perpetrated on unsuspecting students ..." in the chapter on Noise. Also, his coverage of topics is really rigorous. Consider the chapters on stability and impedance matching. It is hard to find another book which treats these topics so rigorously, without getting lost in a mess of equations. Anyone with experience can write a book with all the information in it, but very few can convey insight.

By the way, I think it is unfair to compare books which are so different. Razavi's books are also generally very good.

Vivek

View Profile   IP Logged
rfmems

Reply #3 - Sep 6th, 2007, 3:53am

Start with Razavi, it tells you the essentials of RFIC design. It covers the topics what a beginner need to know.

Then it is the turn of Lee, this book gives an pleasent reading. And it digs much deeper almost in every topic Razavi discussed.

In my opinion, these 2 books should not be compared because they are on different levels.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.