The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 1st, 2024, 8:24am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
URGENT pls - Spectre Simulation Restart (Read 2890 times)
Sid
Community Member

URGENT pls - Spectre Simulation Restart
Mar 13th, 2005, 9:10am

Hi,

This is urgent, I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

I am taping out a full chip ADC shortly. I connect remotely to my school's server and run long 10-15 hr simulations. I am using Spectre simulator through Cadence's Analog Environment graphical interface.

If the remote connection gets cut mid-way through the simulation all the effort/time is wasted. Is there anyway to restart the simulation from that point or at least view the results of the simulation up until the point my remote connection got cut? I can see all my simulation data/files in the hard disk, but just do not know how to load it back and view it in the Analog Environment interface (i.e. view the simulation waveforms) or restart spectre from that point.

Thanks,
Sid

View Profile   IP Logged
Mighty Mouse
Community Member

Here I come to save
the day!

Fantasyland
Re: URGENT pls - Spectre Simulation Restart
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2005, 12:40pm

Yes, it is possible to restart a prematurely terminated Spectre simulation. Cadence calls this "Checkpoint/Restart". I've never used it, so I cannot help you other than suggest you look in the documentation.

Alternatively, you can simply run the simulation in the background. In that way it will continue to run whether you are connected or not.

- MM -

View Profile   IP Logged
sugar
Community Member

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2005, 4:21am

you can use result browser to view the stored simulation result.

View Profile   IP Logged
trond

Glasgow, Scotland
Reply #3 - Sep 7th, 2005, 4:25am

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.