The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 16th, 2024, 9:35am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
creat arbitrary wave function as input stimulus? (Read 844 times)
eric

creat arbitrary wave function as input stimulus?
Mar 16th, 2005, 3:22pm

I would like to use an arbitrary wave function as the input stimulus in my Spectre simulation (analog circuit). Usually when we run a Spectre simulation, we could use the
standard stimulus such as Vsin, Vpulse etc from the analogLib. What if I need an arbitrary wave function as the stimulus, for example, exponentially increased sine wave? I guess this can be done thru CDF. Is there an easier way? Or are there any 3rd party component lib available?  
thank you so much!
Eric
p.s.: Which cdsdoc manual should I look into to find out the syntax for the stimulus file? Any examples? Thanks againi!

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: creat arbitrary wave function as input stimulu
Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2005, 8:54pm

There are two ways of creating arbitrary waveforms. You can use the piecewise linear waveform capability of sources (Vpwl, ...), in which case you have to construct the waveform by hand or write a program to create it. Or you can use Verilog-A to create the waveform.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
eric

Reply #2 - Mar 16th, 2005, 9:59pm

[quote author=Ken Kundert  link=1111015375/0#1 date=1111035287]There are two ways of creating arbitrary waveforms. You can use the piecewise linear waveform capability of sources (Vpwl, ...), in which case you have to construct the waveform by hand or write a program to create it. Or you can use Verilog-A to create the waveform.

-Ken [/quote]

Could you provide any examples or a good reference on this? Thanks!

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #3 - Mar 17th, 2005, 7:29am

For PWL waveforms, try the user's manual for the simulator. For Verilog-A, check out www.verilog-ams.com.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.