The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 3rd, 2024, 7:35pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Analysing waveforms using spectre. (Read 2610 times)
kamesh

Analysing waveforms using spectre.
Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:57am

Dear all,

I have a circuit and I simulate it using Affirma Analog Circuit Design Environment. I get a wave form window with Voltage(V) on the Y axis and Time(t) on the X-axis. Now what i want is to export this data to a file like thing on which i can make further operations. A file which may contain data of Time and Voltage values. Any one can throw some light on this and tell me how I can go about this.

Thanks and Regards,
Kamesh.

P.S: I tried posting the same question in comp.cad.cadence. But unfortunately no one replied  :-[. Think there is some problem with google groups.

IP Logged
Eugene

Re: Analysing waveforms using spectre.
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2005, 4:11pm

If I understood your question, you have two options:

1. Use "printvs" in the waveform calculator to dump the data to a file. This becomes cumbersome if you have a large number of points because the waverform calculator will assume you did not really want to store so many points and ask that you use the command line.

2. Insert a VerilogA block that strobes and records the data of interest. I've used this many times. It works great as long as you are doing a Spectre transient analysis.

View Profile   IP Logged
kamesh419

Re: Analysing waveforms using spectre.
Reply #2 - Mar 23rd, 2005, 8:32am

Thank you very much Eugene, it really helped me..

Bye,
kamesh.

Truth lies everywhere and partially even with the error.
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.