The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 3rd, 2024, 3:09am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
suprresion of cadence simulation warnings (Read 4142 times)
benis

suprresion of cadence simulation warnings
Mar 26th, 2005, 3:00pm

is there any option for not printing the warnings during a transiest let's say simulation at cadence analog environment?

IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: suprresion of cadence simulation warnings
Reply #1 - Mar 27th, 2005, 10:21pm

On Simulator->Options->Analog you could set warn to no, or you could set maxwarnstologfile to 0. What kind of warnings are they? They may be important...

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Sid
Community Member

Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2005, 8:48am

I actually want to get rid of Spectre (automatically) supressing warnings after the first few. I want to ensure I see all the warnings and then decide if they are harmful or not.

I see two parameters, maxwarn and maxwarntologfile. Which one should I set? or both? I think I will increase them to a large value like 1000.

Also, do you know the commands I can use to set these in the .cdsenv instead of doing it graphically everytime I start a simulation?

Thanks,
Sid

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2005, 10:09pm

Sid,

maxwarntologfile controls (as the name suggests) the warnings in the log file. maxwarn controls the warnings to the screen.

In ADE, when you look at the output file, that's a log file. So it would be the log file one you want.

The .cdsenv settings are:

Code:
spectre.opts    maxwarnstologfile	 string  "1000"
spectre.opts    maxwarns	  string  "1000" 

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.