The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 4th, 2024, 4:46am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
copying questions in Virtuoso layout tool (Read 7898 times)
CDR

copying questions in Virtuoso layout tool
Aug 24th, 2004, 2:58pm

In Virtuoso layout, if I try to move and make the layout cell at "sideway" position, it works fine.But sometimes, the function menu doesn't apper when I press "m" and F3, but after I logoff the cadence,restart,then it will work.How could I solve this problem?

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: copying questions in Virtuoso layout tool
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2004, 9:45pm

That sounds very odd. Repeated F3 hits should toggle the option form.

I can't remember whether this is Virtuoso or Composer, but there's an icon on the left side which does the same thing - brings up the command options form. Also, double-clicking the middle mouse button is another bindkey often set to do this.

Do you use the num lock key? I'm wondering whether it is an old Sun bug where hitting num lock prevents some bindkeys from working properly (there's a Solaris patch for this, but you can work around it by turning num lock off and then hitting enter in the CIW)

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Reply #2 - Aug 26th, 2004, 7:21am

Hello,

Are you sure that the layout editor window is active when you press "m" and F3?

Best regards,
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
CDR

Reply #3 - Aug 26th, 2004, 4:57pm

I am using Sun Solaris.This "copy" problem in Virtuoso happens often.Sometimes the only solution is to restart the cadence and everything will be fine again.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #4 - Aug 26th, 2004, 9:39pm

CDR,

If you don't answer the questions asked to you by people trying to help you, then you're not going to get much help, are you?

Both Yawei and I have asked you questions, but you didn't answer either of us in your last reply - just re-stated the problem.

Andrew.

CDR

Reply #5 - Aug 27th, 2004, 8:21am

Sorry,Yawei and Andrew,

I only saw both of your mail today.I coudln't login yesterday for a while,so I only looked at the last reply.

Firstly I don't know whether my workstation has num lock key,how to detect that?

Yes,there is menu on the left side of the Virtuoso,but I didn't find any prolbems at least now.Formerly I always use "m",and then there will be pop-up.

Yawei,yes,when I press "m" and "F3",my layout window is active.

It seems that sometimes when I start a large simulation and do the layout at the same time, there will be some error happening,like the pop up window don't appear when I try to copy or move.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #6 - Aug 31st, 2004, 5:46am

[quote author=CDR  link=1093384680/0#5 date=1093620086]
Firstly I don't know whether my workstation has num lock key,how to detect that?
[/quote]

Er, try looking at the keyboard and seeing if one of the keys is labelled "Num Lock"  ???

Andrew.

graywang

Reply #7 - Oct 18th, 2006, 6:11pm

CDR,
If you would met this issue next time.you could try to change the Options of ICFB.
Change "Nest Limit 5" to "Nest Limit 20".The issue may be disppear.That's my own point.
FYI.
thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.