The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 2nd, 2024, 9:39pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to do pm-demodulate in spectre? (Read 2300 times)
jfyan

how to do pm-demodulate in spectre?
May 15th, 2005, 5:37am

hi all:

a pm-modulate siganl,e.g x(t)=a*sin(wc*t+Asinwm*t),  if i want to extract Asinwm*t,  how can do in spectre?
one approximate way is to  look at the zero crossing times of the x(t) and compared in with the carrier signal,
but i don't know how to write down the zero crossing time points in spetre, so need you help!

thanks in advance

IP Logged
Eugene

Re: how to do pm-demodulate in spectre?
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2005, 2:58pm

There may be some new Spectre feature that lets you direclty extract the phase modulation but I can think of two other ways that might work.

1. You could use a phase detector. One way or another you would have to filter a ripple component. You might even try a complete PLL. The filtered phase detector output should track the modulation if the filter is properly designed.

2. IF you have SpectreRF, you could do an Envelope Following analysis and plot the phase of the first harmonic of the carrier. I don't remember if the phase is directly accessible from the output form. If it is not, you might have to plot real and imaginary then use the waveform calculator to compute the phase.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.