The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 23rd, 2024, 2:18pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
oceanEval syntax and monte carlo measurements (Read 2809 times)
Richard Tseng

oceanEval syntax and monte carlo measurements
May 31st, 2005, 7:59am

Hello all,
I'm trying to learn spectre because it can track correlations by device instances.

I'm writing out my netlists manually, and I'm trying to the measure propagation delay across a gate. The spectre user guide and reference (and the do measurements with the oceanEval statement:

export somesignal=oceanEval("some expression")

I couldn't find any documentation on how oceanEval was supposed to be used, and the some expression in the brackets looked like it was from spectreMDL, so my code ended up looking like:

mc1 montecarlo numruns=10 seed=1 variations=process savefamilyplots=yes {
vtran tran start=0 stop=10n step=50p
export tdelay=oceanEval("deltax(sig1=in,sig2=out,dir1='rise, n1=3, thresh1=0.6, start1=0, dir2='fall, n2=3, thresh2=0.6 start2=0)")
}

How can I measure propagation delays (and other such derived values) in a monte carlo simulation without going through the gui? All I need are the values; I’ll run the rest through Matlab.

Also, what is the right way to use oceanEval?

Thanks a lot!
Richard Tseng

IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: oceanEval syntax and monte carlo measurements
Reply #1 - May 31st, 2005, 10:49am

Hi Richard,

It's not a spectreMDL expression (unfortunately), it's an OCEAN expression. Read the OCEAN documentation for more details.

The reason it's OCEAN is largely historical - OCEAN predates spectreMDL. Hopefully one day it will move to using MDL, or at least give a choice.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.