The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 18th, 2024, 8:12am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Notice from spectre (Read 3725 times)
RobertZ
Community Member

the art of analog

San Diego, CA
Notice from spectre
Jun 27th, 2005, 4:41pm

dear all,

during a 'tran' analysis, one message like the following is shown:

Notice from spectre at time = 6.01534 us during transient analysis 'tran'. Maxium value for quantity 'I' has increased to 1.06973 uA (detected at V0:p)

Notice from spectre at time = 6.43504 us during transient analysis 'tran'. Maxium value for quantity 'I' has increased to 10.73333 uA (detected at V0:p)

Notice from spectre at time = 48455 us during transient analysis 'tran'. Maxium value for quantity 'I' has increased to 110.903 uA (detected at V0:p)

,where V0 is the power supply (DC).

What does this kind of notice mean? what is the meaning of "Maxium value for quantity 'I' " ?

Thanks,
-driveforce

Thanks,
Robert
View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: Notice from spectre
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2005, 12:59am

The quantity "I" is current. What this message is saying is that the maximum current detected in the circuit is increasing in a suspicious way. If it is okay for the maximum I in your circuit to be > 110uA then then don't worry about the message.

I believe this the trigger value for this message is set using a parameter on the quantity statement (see 'spectre -h quantity' for more information.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
RobertZ
Community Member

the art of analog

San Diego, CA
Reply #2 - Jun 28th, 2005, 9:24am

Ken,

Thank you.
Since the simulation includes a power on step, the high instantaneous current can be around 110 uA.

Best,
-driveforce

Thanks,
Robert
View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - Jun 30th, 2005, 5:31am

Does it really say "Maxium" (instead of Maximum)? Smiley

Too bad there isn't an easy way to run the text of messages through a spell-checker -- if you run the whole source code, all the oddly-named variables show up.

But a quick "grep" could find this typo so it can be corrected.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
John O Donovan

San Jose, CA
Reply #4 - Jun 30th, 2005, 11:29am

Hi,

Since simple mistakes like this are somewhat annoying, I checked the message, and it says "Maximum" as far back as the history goes, so it should be fine.  :)

John

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.