The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 4th, 2024, 11:35am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Aptivia / VSDE (Read 4851 times)
asdf

Armenia
Aptivia / VSDE
Jul 7th, 2005, 9:49pm

I need for advise in relation to characterization tools.
Can anybody say which Cadence tool is better to use for characterization?
What do you think in rilation to Aptivia (Virtuoso Characterization and Modeling Environment)?

Thenk you!

« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2005, 5:23am by asdf »  

Bergerak
View Profile marimna   IP Logged
asdf

Armenia
Re: Aptivia / VSDE
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2005, 5:28am

One more question about VSDE Characterization and Modeling option

Can I get TLF file using CME ?
If so, then how I can?

Bergerak
View Profile marimna   IP Logged
jbdavid
Community Fellow

Silicon Valley
Re: Aptivia / VSDE
Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2006, 4:24am

VSDE/VCME are certainly CAPABLE of doing the characterization.. but
few people pushed it far enough to get all the Common (say Artisan) standard cells supported, so you'ld probably have to setup additional characterizations to completely cover your libarary..

I think there are other solutions that (voltagestorm?) that you could use right out of the box for DIGITAL STANDARD CELL characterization (not something I've every actually had to do).

Its POWER comes to play if you have any ANALOG blocks in your library that you need characterized ANALOG behavioral models..
Where the CURRENT methodology doesn't support fixed models with parameters obtained from a lib/tlf file (someone thought it wouldn't be useful in an analog flow!) you can create a verilog-A model from a template with default parameters obtained from the simulation results.
One other draw back is that it only support Verilog or Verilog-A models.. There is no support for characterized Verilog-AMS models..

It was a good start but I'd say its relatively unfinished for what I need..
Jonathan

jbdavid
Mixed Signal Design Verification
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.