The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 2nd, 2024, 11:00am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Recirculating Pipeline ADC (Read 2664 times)
ramakrishna

Recirculating Pipeline ADC
Aug 22nd, 2005, 6:12am

Hello All,
            I am looking for good reference to design 10-bit 1Msamples/sec, 2-stage recirculating pipelined ADC. i have single-ended input. I will be very glad if you can help me with this.

Thanks,
RK

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: Recirculating Pipeline ADC
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2005, 9:26pm

ramakrishna,

Do you mean cyclic ADC? Please refer to David Muthers, Reinhard Tielert, A 0.11mm2 low-power A/D-converter cell for 10b 10MS/s operation, ESSCIRC 2004.

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
ramakrishna

Re: Recirculating Pipeline ADC
Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2005, 5:14am

Hello Yawei,
                 Thanks for the quick response.
I am talking cyclic ADC.

I have gone through that paper you have referred.

I forgot to write one more specification of the ADC earlier, the input swing of the ADC is 0 to 3V and my VDD = 3.3V and VSS=0V.  So ADC's input stage needs to scale(1/2) the inputs in order for the ota in the MDAC/Sample and Hold to operate.

I want to confirm another point with you, if I have single-ended analog input and I use differential MDAC structures having other input at common-mode.  Will I still be having the advantage of offset cancellation because of the differential structure? or do I need to convert my single-ended input into differential initially to have that advantage.

Your comments will be very valuable to me.

Thanks,
RK

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.