The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 16th, 2024, 2:26am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PFD simulation problem with EldoRF (Read 2391 times)
trashbox
Community Member

PFD simulation problem with EldoRF
Aug 31st, 2005, 2:26am

Hi all,
I used EldoRF to simulate the phase noise of PFD in PLL. However, the steady-state analysis can not be converged so that EldoRF can not continue the phase noise analysis. I have changed the related options(reltol & eps, sst_convergence_help etc.), there is no use.

Then I put some small capacitors(~2fF) on the nodes of PFD's circuit by hand. For example, on the nodes of INV's output and DRAIN of nmos in NAND. The steady-state analysis of PFD can be converged. Why?

If my circuit is very complicated(i.e.,I can not put small capacitors by hand in the netlist file) and I also can not find any commands which can add small capacitors on the node automatically. How to solve the steady-state analysis convergence problem during PFD simulation?

Thank you very much.

View Profile   IP Logged
dguser

Re: PFD simulation problem with EldoRF
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2005, 1:39pm

Hi,

I am curious what is the number of harmonics that you used in the simuation. Also did you turn on the pre-conditioner (option SST_PRECONDITION) and increase the solver iteration limit (option SST_MAX_LINITER)?

I would try TIME for pre-conditioner and increase  the number of harmonics. If still fails, I would contact the Mentor folk.

P.S: I am new to this forum. I tried to reply to this post earlier but am not sure if it went through. Anyway, sorry if you get duplicate responses.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.