The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 1st, 2024, 8:21am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Error in Spectre simulation (Read 4384 times)
Ankush Goel

Error in Spectre simulation
Sep 15th, 2005, 11:54am

Hi All,

I ran the following command for a circuit simulation...

spectre +cp -env artist5.0.0 +log ../psf/spectre.out -format psfbin -raw ../psf -I/home/ankush/tech_file/IBM_PDK/bicmos7wl/V1.3.1.0DM/Spectre/models/ input.scs

The following was the error message I got:

Error found by spectre during circuit read-in.
   ".bsource.va", line 13: "parameter real useii=0.0, pavc1=0.0, ppc=0.0,
       prhot=0.0, pavc3=0.0, temp=0.0, dtemp=0.0;<<--? "
   ".bsource.va", line 13: Error: real temp is redefined.
spectre terminated prematurely due to fatal error.

I am not able to locate the file bsource.va. Can anybody tell me where  to find  the path for the file.

Thanks,
Ankush

IP Logged
Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Re: Error in Spectre simulation
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2005, 12:59pm

Ankush,

according to the error message, the filename is .bsource.va
The leading "." means it is a hidden file in the Unix/Linux file system, i.e. it does not appear using ls. The option -la to the ls command however shows hidden files.

I don't have access to Cadence right now, but it seems this should be related to the use of the bsource component for nonlinear resistors.  http://groups.google.ch/group/comp.cad.cadence/browse_thread/thread/ffbcdeb68907...
You can get more information by typing "spectre -h bsource", but I'm not sure that your problem is directly related to the bsource code. Probably Andrew will be able to help you out here...

Paul

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2005, 6:29am

I'll hazard a guess that ".bsource.va" is a Verilog-A description of a (customized?) bsource element provided in the IBM design kit.

find /home/ankush/tech_file/IBM_PDK -name ".bsource.va"

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Sep 19th, 2005, 9:09pm

Apologies for not responding sooner - I've been travelling a lot the last couple of weeks.

From looking at this I would have guessed that you were using an old version of the simulator - probably from the very early days of bsource support in spectre (possibly from when it was only an engineering version).

I see that you logged a service request, 33349726, with customer support - and they came to the same conclusion - the version you're using is from May 2003 - which was before bsource was fully released. That happend in IC5033, and as was found by the AE, this works in IC5033 versions and later.

Regards,

Andrew.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.