The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 21st, 2024, 8:24pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DC solver failed (Read 2628 times)
vijay

DC solver failed
Nov 03rd, 2005, 8:54pm

Hi friends,
I am trying to simulate a maneatis symmetric load.While trying to simulate for its dc OP, spectre says A2=0 and Pcdibl2= negative.
This is a cpnvergence error as i see it.
setting the options for gmin convergence also does not help.
Looking out for suggestions.
Thanks in advance,

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: DC solver failed
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2005, 5:13am

a2 and pdiblc2 (I assume that's what you meant) are bsim3v3 and bsim4 model parameters. I'm assuming it's complaining about these parameters being out of range.

Since you gave no useful information about what exactly the error was, it's ahrd to be sure. Perhaps you're simulating with device sizes which are too large? Can't really tell... it would have helped if you'd posted the exact error message.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: DC solver failed
Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2005, 8:21am

I've seen warnings like those before; I think some foundries set values for these parameters that seemed "unlikely" to the people who implemented BSIM3 in Spectre.  The warnings don't come from the original Berkeley code, as far as I know.  But as Andrew said, they're model parameters, and the warnings really don't mean anything as far as convergence of the circuit.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.