The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 17th, 2024, 5:32am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to get the BSIM3v3 defined parameters from Sim (Read 3313 times)
Learn2Fly

How to get the BSIM3v3 defined parameters from Sim
Nov 12th, 2005, 3:36am

Hi, all,

For some calculations, I need to know some parameters such as Esat, µeff, Vbseff, Abulk ... that are defined and calculated in BSIM3v3, however, it is really hard to calculate such parameter values just by hand, coz all of the equations involve too many other parameters... and one leads to another, just too complicated...

I'm wondering that whether or not I can use Hspice to do such a job, but I still can not figure out how to output such parameters...

Can anyone here help me out?

Thank you!

L2F

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: How to get the BSIM3v3 defined parameters from
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2005, 10:42am

It's been a while since I've used HSPICE. but you could access a fair few things with LVnn and LXnn outputs (they're in the manual). However, I think these were more like operating point outputs (like gds, gm, vdsat etc) than model parameters.

Spectre however has the ability to output the model parameters, which can then be used in calculator expressions and OCEAN scripts (and spectreMDL if you want to).

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Learn2Fly

Reply #2 - Nov 17th, 2005, 8:27am

Hi, Andrew,

Thank you for your reply, I checked the element template, but could not find the parameters I needed. and many of the parameters listed only valid for Philips model, not BSIM3v3.

Could u please tell me how to get the parameters like Leff, ueff, Vbseff... in Spectre?

Many thanks,

L2F

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Nov 20th, 2005, 7:43am

Do "spectre -h bsim3v3" and it will tell you the available output parameters, instance parameters, model parameters, and operating point parameters. See "spectre -h info "on how to do an info analysis to get these things saved.

Note, I couldn't find exact matches for all the terms you mention - but perhaps they're called different things? Anyway, I didn't spend that long looking...

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.