The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 20th, 2024, 4:36pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
plotting differential waveforms (Read 1901 times)
modern_analog

plotting differential waveforms
Dec 29th, 2005, 6:18pm

Does anyone have any shortcut for this:

In order to plot differential waveforms, I have to go into transient differential & click on the p & then the n and press enter. Then I can view the waveform.

If I want to view another waveform, I have to split into 2 sub-windows and repeat the process.

Can I somehow just make transient differential is the default for some time-period. So that it automatically assumes that clicking wave1 and 2 => I want the differential of them, so on ...

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: plotting differential waveforms
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:04pm

Use the Results->Direct Plot->Main Form after simulation. Choose tran from the available results. You can pick whether it will append or replace (from IC5141 onwards, you also have a choice of new subwin or new window). There is a cyclic field called "Select" which can be changed from Net to Differential Nets.

Once you've done this, it will prompt you to select a positive and negative net, and will plot the differential waveform. Then it will prompt you again, and so on, until you hit escape or cancel the direct plot form.

Note that the Results->Direct Plot->Main Form was introduced in IC50; also, you need to be using the spectre simulator interface rather than the obsolete spectreS interface.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.