The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 20th, 2024, 10:22am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
passive device modelling in HSPICE (Read 3322 times)
OpAmp

passive device modelling in HSPICE
Jan 05th, 2006, 10:12pm

Hi,

How can I define a passive element in HSPICE with the following impedance: 1/(Y(j*2*pi*f)^0.5) where Y is a constant and f is frequency. Note that this is an impedance of a Warburg element. It is very similar to the impedance of a capacitor but it is inversely proportional to the root-squared of frequency.

Thanks
OpAmp

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: passive device modelling in HSPICE
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2006, 5:18am

I'd suggest you read through this document http://www.designers-guide.org/Modeling/ind.pdf  on modeling skin effect, which also has a non-integral power of frequency, to see what sorts of things you may have to consider.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2006, 1:38pm

You'll also want to take a look at the fracpole program in http://www.designers-guide.org/Modeling/fracpole.zip.

-Ken

Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2006, 10:34pm

Not that this answers the original poster's question, but just a note that fracpole is now (since MMSIM60) a built in component in spectre. See spectre -h fracpole for more details.

Regards,

Andrew.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.