The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 5th, 2024, 6:48am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dual Slope Integrator Model (Read 2765 times)
irfan

Dual Slope Integrator Model
Jan 10th, 2006, 9:12pm

Hi all!

I have a working Verilog-A model of this block and am now trying to model it in mixed-mode, i.e. Verilog-AMS.  That is where I am having issues now:  the out put simply keeps integrating up!  This design is not exactly like the conventional dual-slope integrator, but very close.

As I don't have a picture handy, let me try to describe the behavior in one period, T:

@(posedge RESET) ----> Vout = 0.4
@(posedge UP)---------> Vout = Integration up of (V1+0.4)
@(posedge SAMPLE) --> Vout = (max integrated voltage - 0.4V)
@(posedge DN)------ --> Vout = integration down of (V2 + max value)

T = [RESET + UP + SAMPLE + DN],

Where,
RESET = 0.08*T; UP = 0.42T; SAMPLE = 0.08*T & DN = 0.42*T

V1 & V2 are two different voltage sources.

In my analog model I am NOT modeling the RESET & SAMPLE portions as 8% of T.  Instead, I am giving the integrator a very small time and a very small value to integrate.  Perhaps that's why that model works and not this one?

Any feedback and comments will be most appreciated.  If the above is not clear, I will post a diagram tomorrow morning.

Thanks,

Irfan

View Profile   IP Logged
irfan

Re: Dual Slope Integrator Model
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2006, 12:23am

After several unsuccessful attempts with different mixed-mode models of the same integrator, we finally decided to leave this one in the analog domain!  The main problem was making the two integrators work at the same time with actual control logic.

If someone is interested in more info, please let me know.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.