The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 20th, 2024, 12:27am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Warning which cannot be explained. (Read 1945 times)
shuting84

Warning which cannot be explained.
Jan 23rd, 2006, 5:19pm

i am using IBM 0.13 um PDK and hspice

**warning**  in element= 42:cwiredb          defined in subckt nfet            
 capacitance =    0.00     <= 0 farad, please verify it.

Warning: Pd = 2.75e-07 is less than W.
Model:   42:nfet
W = 3.2e-07, L = 1.2e-07

I keep getting such warnings on the elements of my subcircuit when I run my simulations. I checked my circuit and verified that PD >W.

I am assuming cwiredb refers to capacitance between drain and body. the body of my nfet is connected to ground, and drain is the output. they are totally not connected together. i have no idea why capacitance would turn out to be 0.

i am suspecting that while the model is being formed, some errors are occuring, and the simulator is trying to create a model which is different from what I am trying to create.

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Warning which cannot be explained.
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2006, 10:21am

Can you find the subckt definition?  Don't post any proprietary model parameters here.  Presumably, the subckt has parameters W,L,AD,PD, etc.;
are they passed directly to the actual MOS element inside the subckt?  I'm guessing not, and maybe the equations are confused.

I once found this in a different foundry's subckt for well proximity:

.param xw='1.5e-8' wint='6e-9' weff='l+xw-2*wint'

Note that weff is computed from l instead of w.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.