The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 20th, 2024, 1:26am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to simulate this full differential OPA (Read 3916 times)
wjx197733

how to simulate this full differential OPA
Feb 05th, 2006, 8:02pm

Hi, all: I design a full differential OPA whose CMFB is switch capacitance circuit.
Because the switch capacitance circuit, I do not know how to process the ac analyse.

opa.JPG
View Profile   IP Logged
Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Re: how to simulate this full differential OPA
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2006, 10:55pm

Hi,

the easy solution is to replace the switched-cap part by its equivalent resistors, which then allows you to run a PAC simulation. If you have access to SpectreRF, you can alternatively run an  analysis on your real schematic with the SC CMFB circuit. For more information on the second solution, have a look at Ken's paper in the analysis section:
http://www.designers-guide.org/Analysis/sc-filters.pdf

Paul

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2006, 10:37am

Paul,

I assume you meant to say that if you replace the switch-cap parts with equivalent resistors you can then simulate using an AC analysis not a PAC analysis.

If you have SpectreRF (as you say), you can then simulate using PSS/PAC with the circuit as is (I expect).

I'm sure it was just a typo, but just thought I'd check (with my pedant's hat on).

Regards,

Andrew.

Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2006, 7:36pm

Hi Andrew,

thanks for correcting my statement. Of course I wanted to say that the first option would be the replacement by resistors, which allows to run AC analysis, the second (and more elegant) option being the PAC analysis with SpectreRF.

Seems I'm still a little jet-lagged, or was that the wine at the social event???  ;)

Paul

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.