The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 18th, 2024, 6:11am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
question on Assura LVS check (Read 6694 times)
zychang

Ireland
question on Assura LVS check
Feb 06th, 2006, 1:50pm

Hi all,

I just found a problem when i was doing LVS check using Assura. the error report shows the pins are not matched. it seems that all the pins i made in the layout cannot be recognized by Assura because the error report shows that there is no pin in the layout. The pins I use are the met-pin and poly-pin. I have tried the symbolic pin and shape pin and I also tried the MET1-dg and MET1-pn layers for them, but none of them seems working. I have no idea what's going on right now. any comments will be appreciated.

p.s. the design passed the LVS check when I was using DIVA in a previous Cadence and hit-kit. For some reasons, I have to upgrade to AMS hit-kit 3.70 and a new version of Cadence (Virtuoso Layout Editor 5.10.41) but the diva rule file doesn't work here. That's why I am using Assura now.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: question on Assura LVS check
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2006, 10:50am

Without knowing the specifics of how the Assura rules have been written, it's hard to give a response here. You might want to ask AMS, since it's their design kit?

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Alef

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2006, 11:02pm

I think, the problem is in extract.rul file for assura. There is no connection for met1 and poly pins in geomConnect part. Usually pins, labels and text pins are described by using label ( ) function in this part. If you can work with your design rules, the usage of label function (and the others) is described in assura LVS development guide.

View Profile   IP Logged
basf

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2006, 6:06am

Hello

I have the same problem with Assura LVS. I try almost everything but there is no results. There are no pin extraction from layout.

View Profile   IP Logged
bernd

Munich/Germany
Reply #4 - Oct 4th, 2006, 3:04am

I assume that Assura does not realize the DFII specific pin shape.

Have you guys checked the Assura command rule file for the specific connmands?
e.g.

layerDefs( "df2"
     m1                  = layer( "METAL1"            type( "drawing" ) )      
;; create labels form DFII pins
         m1_text      = pinText( "METAL1" )
)
geomConnect(
     label( m1_text m1 )
)

Just another lonesome cad guy
jak

Reply #5 - Oct 13th, 2006, 1:00am

have you tried creating pins from labels? it seemed to work for me with Assura.The pins from layout were identified.. Don't know if there is any pitfalls associated with that aproach.

View Profile   IP Logged
didac

There's a million
ways to see the
things in life

manresa,spain
Reply #6 - Dec 17th, 2006, 2:54am

Hi to all,

I've been working several months with Assura and a UMC 180n design kit and as far as I know the only way you can pass the LVS is using labels with the pin name. You must put the label in the same shape(i.e. if the path Input it's drawn in ME4 you must create a label in ME4). We've done this for several layouts and we have success in doing the LVS and the parasitic extraction for post-layout simulations.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.