The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 28th, 2024, 2:31pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What does this warning mean in dracula? (Read 2509 times)
jaylin79

What does this warning mean in dracula?
Feb 07th, 2006, 2:15am

Hi Guys.

I am using PDRACULA to do LVS, I find this warning after I input the LVS command file.
**NOTE : NO OUTPUT NEEDED SO SETTING SUMMARY-ONLY=YES FOR THIS RUN ONLY
**CREATING : COMMAND FILE :jxrun.com

But I can see the LVS result from the ERR.lvs file.

Can somebody tell me why I will get this warning?

Thanks
Jay

Regards
Jay
View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: What does this warning mean in dracula?
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2006, 10:48am

If the rule deck doesn't have any commands with OUTPUT as part of the statement (i.e. nothing is saving any graphical data), then this warning is produced. It is telling you that there will be no graphical (i.e. OUTDISK) data, just summary data such as the ERR.lvs file you refer to.

With an LVS, you might have graphical output data if ERC is being run as part of the LVS, or if specific layers are being output specially, or if DRC is combined with the LVS. If not, and you're just looking at the textual result files, getting this message is reasonable.

You can prevent it (I think) by explicitly putting SUMMARY-ONLY=YES in the *DESCRIPTION block. Check the Dracula Reference manual to be sure (I'm just writing this from memory).

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.