The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 15th, 2024, 9:21am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question on a calibration method (Read 2884 times)
steven
Community Member

Question on a calibration method
Feb 14th, 2006, 6:36pm

Hi,

I have a question on calibrating ADC. Some calibration method requires RAM to store calibrated codes. How is this RAM built? I think this method would reqire off-chip circuitries.

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Re: Question on a calibration method
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2006, 12:41pm

Hi Steven,

frequently ADCs are integrated with a microcontroller, which can take care of eventual calculations required for calibration and which certainly has RAM where it can store the coefficients. If you are designing a pure ADC product, you certainly prefer using custom logic for calibration processing and storage of the coefficients (i.e. registers).

Does this answer your question?

Paul

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
steven
Community Member

Re: Question on a calibration method
Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2006, 6:25pm

Paul wrote on Feb 16th, 2006, 12:41pm:
Hi Steven,

frequently ADCs are integrated with a microcontroller, which can take care of eventual calculations required for calibration and which certainly has RAM where it can store the coefficients. If you are designing a pure ADC product, you certainly prefer using custom logic for calibration processing and storage of the coefficients (i.e. registers).

Does this answer your question?

Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes, your answer makes sense. I was confused by the digital calibration method on ADC and the others using microprocessor methods. Thank you.

Regards,
Steven

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.