The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 20th, 2024, 7:27am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What is Diff. Opamp's Av vs. Vod? (Read 2013 times)
steven
Community Member

What is Diff. Opamp's Av vs. Vod?
Feb 17th, 2006, 12:23pm

Hi,

I read some differential Opamp designs. One of parameters is open-loop gain Av vs. output swing Vod, which could swing from negative to positive (symmetric to zero). I think the output swing should be symmetric to Vcm, the desired output common voltage which is not zero. How to simulate Av vs. Vod in the case? A sweeping Vcm vs. Av?

Thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
Raul
Community Member

San Jose, CA.
Re: What is Diff. Opamp's Av vs. Vod?
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2006, 11:32pm

Vod means output differential voltage which is equal to the difference between the two output terminals of a fully-differential opamp Vod=Vo(+)-Vo(-). The common mode voltage cancels out when you do the substraction. The plot Av vs. Vod probably just shows to you how the voltage gain of the amplifier starts dropping has your output stage starts to clip or to go deep into the linear region. I wouldn't think you would get much information out of a Av vs. Vcm plot because usually you want to select Vcm=Vsupply/2 so that you can obtain the maximum dynamic range at the output of your fully-differential opamp.

regards, Raul Perez
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.