The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 21st, 2024, 11:00am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Biasing for PA IC's (Read 1525 times)
mxkdirs

Biasing for PA IC's
Feb 21st, 2006, 1:41pm

Hello all,

This's my first post here.  I never knew about this site.  This definitely won't be my first post---I ask too many questions.  Can anyone point me to references for biasing circuits for PA's, espcially BJT/HBT based PA's.  Specfically, I need a good yet simple constant current biasing circuit.  As anyone who works with PA must know there's hardly any good book on PA IC design and hence it's hard to find references.  Although I would like to read up on different biasing schemes my main concern here is that for HBT constant current biasing I need a circuit that has relatively low impedance looking from the base of HBT (not more than ~350 Ohms or so).  The reason is that I operate above BVceo (or Johnson Limit) and to do so I need to allow, at high electric fields, the holes flowing from collector to exit through base and shunt to ground instead of going into emitter and increasing Vbe and thus increasing Ic and causing avalanche breakdown.  Thanks a bunch

Mike

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.