The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 10:19pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how simulate SC CMFB with HSPICE (Read 880 times)
fxxjssc

how simulate SC CMFB with HSPICE
Feb 21st, 2006, 5:36pm

hi all,
   i am simulating differential op of ADC now, but you know ac analysis can not perform with sc in my design.
so have you got good idea beside with Spectre for i want to simulate it in Hspice
   Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Re: how simulate SC CMFB with HSPICE
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2006, 12:39pm

Hi,

if you want to simulate the overall transfer function of the switched-capacitor block, you cannot obtain it from AC simulation in Hspice, only through PAC simulation in Spectre. If you want to run noise simulations, you can simulate separately the noise in the different switching phases and calculate the overall noise performance mathematically. If you want to simulate the amplifier behavior, you must replace parts of your switched capacitors by equivalent resistors to run Hspice AC simulation.

Hope this helps

Paul

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
xwcwc1234

TAIWAN
Reply #2 - May 28th, 2006, 7:10am

Can SpectreRF accept Hspice model file to run the PAC or PSS ? I can not get the  Spectre model file from foundry , I   have model  file for Hspice only .

View Profile   IP Logged
Mighty Mouse
Community Member

Here I come to save
the day!

Fantasyland
Reply #3 - May 28th, 2006, 8:31pm

Yes, Spectre will accept HSpice model files.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.