The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 18th, 2024, 12:23am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wideband LNA (Read 2881 times)
RF_Guy

Wideband LNA
Feb 22nd, 2006, 11:40am

Anyone knows how to design a wideband LNA? Any good resource?

View Profile   IP Logged
gemini42

Re: Wideband LNA
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2006, 1:51pm

Hi
  See the book VLSI for wireless communications by B.Leung.There is good explanation and a design example,which would definitely help you.

View Profile   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Re: Wideband LNA
Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2006, 7:17pm

Hi,

for wideband i think you have the choice of a few different architectures like distributed amp (ultrawide band), common gate, resistive degeneration with shunt feedback, multiband (dual band etc).

For low power CMOS design I think a lot of groups published designs using the resistive degeneration with shunt feedback topology, but there are also a few common gate with stagger tunning which get good results. Common gate is also quite easy to design and I think has better bandwidth than the feedback topology.

see this paper for an idea of the design...

"A Novel CMOS Low-Noise Amplifier Design for 3.1-10.6 GHz Ultra-Wideband Wireless Receivers" Yang Lu, Kiat Seng Yeo, Alper Cabuk, Jianguo Ma, Manh Anh Do, and Zhenghao Lu

Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.