The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 21st, 2024, 9:25pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Simulating switched-capacitor filter in spectreRF. (Read 3803 times)
Raul
Community Member

San Jose, CA.
Simulating switched-capacitor filter in spectreRF.
Mar 19th, 2006, 10:04pm

I have read and run the netlists included on the article posted in this website; "Simulating switched-capacitor filters with SpectreRF". But I really want to use the schematic editor instead of running the netlist in the command line. I've found one problem though; the vsource component doesn't allow me to define two frequencies in the symbol from the analogLib. This corresponds to the line in the netlist that implements the input source "Vin" on the first netlist tah.ckt. Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong?

regards, Raul Perez
View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Simulating switched-capacitor filter in spectr
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2006, 10:56pm

Really? Are you using the analogLib/vsource/symbol component? If so, then set "Source Type" to "sine", and then uncheck the checkbox labelled "Display second sinusoid" and fill in the parameters for it there.

I was wondering if you were perhaps using the older "vsin" component, but even that has parameters for the second frequency (called Amplitude 2, Frequency 2, for example). This still is netlisted as a spectre vsource component - it's kept for compatibility reasons - I'd use vsource these days though, as it's a more direct interface to the underlying spectre source.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Raul
Community Member

San Jose, CA.
Reply #2 - Mar 22nd, 2006, 11:13pm

i had not seen the box to select the second sinusoid. thanks a lot.

regards, Raul Perez
View Profile   IP Logged
xwcwc1234

TAIWAN
Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2006, 12:33am

I need to simulating noise performance of a chopping amplifier . Anyone know how to simulate it using SpectreRF ?

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #4 - Apr 23rd, 2006, 9:29am

Choppers are very much like switched-cap filters, so you can use the same paper as a reference (http://www.designers-guide.org/Analysis/sc-filters.pdf).

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.