The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 4th, 2024, 6:26pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PLI (Read 2102 times)
MokoKoya

PLI
May 10th, 2006, 2:25am

Hello everybody,

I have created a verilogAMS testbench which contains many 'ifdef compiler directives. I want to be able to set which directive I want, run the simulation and then once complete reset the simulation with a diferent directive and start the simulation again.

I would like to do this automatically until I have simulated using all the different compiler directives, and run every test.

I am unsure on how to do this, and is using the PLI the correct way to achieve it?

I have never used PLI before and would apretiate any advice on the topic.  

Thank you for taking the time of reading my query,
Andrew

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: PLI
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2006, 7:08am

Isn't this a matter of running ncvlog -define with the appropriate argument, elaborating, and simulating (or using ncverilog +define for the equivalent one-step flow solution) - and doing this for each compiler directive?

I don't think PLI would help - because you'd need to recompile - these are compiler directives, and so you need to alter what the compiler sees.

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.