The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 30th, 2024, 5:44pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
the DC coupling between the CML-PECL (Read 2873 times)
dandelion
Community Member

the DC coupling between the CML-PECL
May 15th, 2006, 7:49pm

Hi,
We are developing a chip which we expect to replace some commercial ones. The commercial one is Bicmos in which the output is PECL buffer. We use the CMOS process to replace it, so we can only use it with CML output buffer. If the applications is AC coupling, I think it is OK for the CML-PECL connection. But if the applications need DC coupling, we know it is difficult for the CML-PECL connection considering the decrepancy of the two buffers.

Can I implement the PECL with two external bipolar transistors, i.e., on chip CML buffer+external bipolar transistors to implement the PECL output? Is any price, performance, etc.. concerns for the customers?

Thanks in advance for the comments

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: the DC coupling between the CML-PECL
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2006, 10:44pm

John,

PECL is already a standard interface. Of course a PECL transmitter/receiver can be made of MOS transistors. There are some papers in IEEE explorer. You'd better search them in IEEE database.

Best regards,
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.