The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 16th, 2024, 4:23pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ken, please have a look (Read 2957 times)
lunren
Community Member

Asia
Ken, please have a look
May 17th, 2006, 5:17am

Dear Ken,

Nice to meet you here. I know you wrote some paper about pll phase noise simulation method with spectreRF (pss, pnoise etc. analysis). But I can't find them in this forum. I am now designing a cmoc vco and want to simulate the phase noise characeristics, but after read spectreRF manual, I still don't know exactly how to use pss and pnoise to simulate the phase noise. Could you give me the link of such paper. I need such help eagerly. Thanks very much in advance.

Best regards,
Lunren

Best Regards,

Lunren
View Profile   IP Logged
swicap

Re: Ken, please have a look
Reply #1 - May 17th, 2006, 6:04am

View Profile   IP Logged
lunren
Community Member

Asia
Re: Ken, please have a look
Reply #2 - May 17th, 2006, 7:04pm

Thanks. Now I can run the pss and pnoise simulation in my work, but I still confused by several questions:
1) Does pnoise simulation don't need such parameters as flicker noise parameters:KF or AF? If the model doesn't have such parameters, how can the simulation result be reliable?
2) How can we set the frequency sweep range rationally? For example, If my VCO oscillation frequency is 500MHz, and my PLL output frequency is 125MHz(divided by 4).
3) After we get the phase noise result, how can we get jitter characteristcs?
4) What's the exact meaning of BEAT FREQUENCY? If my PLL input is 50MHz, the VCO freqency is 500MHz, How can I set the beat frequency? 500MHz or 50MHz?

Best Regards,

Lunren
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.