The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 18th, 2024, 3:15pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SC-CMFB of the opamp (Read 3081 times)
baohulu
Community Member

china
SC-CMFB of the opamp
Jun 05th, 2006, 9:30pm

I build a folded cascode amplifier with a common 4-capacitors-and-6-switches SC-CMFB. I use two phase non-overlap clock to drive the switches. in the simulation, I choose "tran", "pss"."pac" analysis. in the simulation, the input signal is continuous sin waveform, the output of the opamp is directly chosen as the output of the simulation (not after a SHA) . so you can see that, I use a continuous input signal go through a opamp with a SC-CFMB,is it rignt?
and in the result of pac, the differential gain of the opamp increse as the frequency of the clock decrease, I don't know why ,theoritically, the differential mode gain should have no relation with the SC-CMFB. Is there anyont having met this case?
besides, in the continuous CMFB, we can calculate the gain of the CMFB, but in the SC-CMFB, what's the correspondence of the gain in the SC-CMFB, or how do we evaluate the effect of the SC-CFMB?
thank you

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: SC-CMFB of the opamp
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2006, 7:36am

Hi, Baohulu,

Don't forget that the SC-CMFB is a part of the differential load, too. Obviously that the equivalent impedence of the SC-CMFB becomes small as the clock frequency increases. So the differential gain becomes low when the clock frequency increase. Smiley

Best regards,
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
baohulu
Community Member

china
Re: SC-CMFB of the opamp
Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2006, 10:29pm

hi,ywguo

I also realize that the capicitor with two non-overlap switches emulate a resistor. and this type of SC-CMFB can be viewes as a load composed of a capacitor parallel with a resistance, am I right?

it I am right, does it mean that if I use the sc-cfmb, I should get a higher open-loop gain of the opamp in order to get a equal gain as with a continuous cmfb?

thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.