The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 19th, 2024, 1:17am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
choice of the clock of the SC-CMFB (Read 2193 times)
baohulu
Community Member

china
choice of the clock of the SC-CMFB
Jun 15th, 2006, 9:35pm

HI,
if I design a 100MS/s pipelined ADC, and I use a opamp with a SC-CMFB, should I choose the clock of the SC-CMFB as 100MHz?
if it is sure. because the common used 6_switched_4_capacitors SC-CMFB can be equavilent as a switched resistor, with a value having the order of 1/(fclk*C), so if the fclk=100MHz, if I want to get a high switched resistance, say 100K, I have to choose the capactior value as 1/(100M*100K)=100fF, and this resistance is paralleled with the output resistance of opamp. so if I want to get a high gain, I need high output resistance , thus high the switched resistance, thus a much smaller capacitor in the SC-CMFB, right? but if the capacitor of the SC-CMFB goes too small, can it kick the disturbance of the paracitic capacitors?

regards

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: choice of the clock of the SC-CMFB
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2006, 8:33am

Hi, Baohulu,

Sure you can select a smaller capacitor in SC-CMFM.  However, I don't understand what you said the disturbance of the parasitic capacitor.

Thanks
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.