The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 18th, 2024, 10:26am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
design of continuous-time delta-sigma converters (Read 2760 times)
vivkr
Community Fellow

design of continuous-time delta-sigma converters
Jun 16th, 2006, 3:23am

Hi,

I would like to know how one goes about designing a continuous-time delta-sigma modulator. Most information on this topic is focussed on discrete-time modulators, and the MATLAB utilities available do the same. They also suggest mapping a discrete-time modulator to a continuous-time one with the use of preflitering.

However, I could not find a specs to filter design strategy. Perhaps someone can suggest a reference.

I would also like to know if there are any advantages/disadvantages of specific filter schemes (Ladder/Biquad Cascade/...) in the context of delta-sigma converter design. The tradeoffs in terms of normal filter design are clear to me.

Thanks
Vivek

View Profile   IP Logged
RobG
Community Fellow

Bozeman, MT
Re: design of continuous-time delta-sigma converte
Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2006, 12:50pm

Vivkr.... if you haven't already, try to get your hands on the 2004 CICC Educational Sessions Workbook.  Kathleen Phillips gives a tutorial on CT DSM that may be helpful.  That isn't the only year she did it, but it is the one I have on hand.

View Profile   IP Logged
vivkr
Community Fellow

Re: design of continuous-time delta-sigma converte
Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2006, 2:39am

Hi Rob,

I will try to get my hands on that workbook, although I think it will be a bit hard.

By the way, what a coincidence that Kathleen Philips works for Philips Semiconductors...

Regards
Vivek

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.